Back by popular demand, the SAB World of Beer kicks off its monthly food and beer pairings in February 2017.
“As a grain-based beverage, beer lends itself naturally to being paired with food, and even seasoned beer drinkers will be delighted by the artistic fusion of each course,” said Tony Rubin, general manager.
The beer-pairing lunches are held once a month on a Saturday at the five-star tourist attraction.
“The menu changes every month,” said Rubin. “But what remains consistent is guest experience – a five-course meal carefully crafted to pair with SAB brands.”
SAB Trade Brewer, Anton Erasmus, guides guests through the pairing – drawing attention to the mouthfeel, flavour and aroma of each beer and how it enhances the flavours and textures of the food.
Each pairing includes six SAB beers and a five course meal.
Date: Saturday, 10 June 2017.
Time: 13h00 – 16h00
Venue: SAB World of Beer, 15 Helen Joseph Street (formerly President Street), Newtown, Johannesburg – Nonsuch
Costs: R 495 per person or R 975 per couple
- Ostrich carpaccio, topped with balsamic caramelised onions, parmesan shavings, served with garlic and herb Bruschetta drizzled with a lime infused olive oil. Paired with Castle Lite.
- Boerewors corn dogs served with tomato breedie. Paired with Hansa.
- A cold calamari and cucumber salad topped with sesame seeds. Paired with Corona.
- Butter chicken served with sambals and poppadum’s. Paired with Carling Black Label.
- Decadent chocolate brownie with and espresso Anglaise and vanilla ice cream. Paired with Castle Milk Stout Chocolate.
Tickets are available on www.webtickets.co.za
For bookings and further information, contact Gabo on (011) 836 4900 or Events.Cofirstname.lastname@example.org
Last bookings accepted at 12h00 the Friday before, for catering purposes.
Regret no under 18’s.