Holiday accommodation is too expensive – Groupon survey
- 53% are desperate to get away for a mid-year break this year, but tough economic times holds them back
- 27% believe that holidays are a luxury that they cannot afford and no longer consider vacations
- 63% would visit the Western Cape especially the Garden Route this winter
- 84% are only willing to spend between R500-R1000 per night on accommodation
- 69% say that affordable cozy restaurants and spa pamper sessions would get them out of their homes and experiencing their city this winter
- 37% say they will never miss an opportunity to go out and experience new places
In a recent survey conducted by Groupon South Africa, 53% of South Africans said say that they are desperate to get away for a mid-year break this year, but feel that holiday accommodation is too expensive and the current tough economy is holding them back. A further 27% of respondents believe that winter holidays are a luxury they cannot afford these days and 31% of South Africans say that they would love a break but cannot seem to find the time to do so.
As a result of the tough economic times many South Africans have started considering a winter holiday getaway and outings as a complete luxury. South Africans are too cash strapped and many also time poor to afford a winter holiday this year. However, the survey showed that if an affordable option was available they would go ahead and spoil themselves.
“The fact that 84% of respondents said that they are willing to spend between R500-R1000 per night on accommodation comes as no surprise as this reflects the success of our most popular deals. Same goes for the fact that 63% would visit the Western Cape especially the Garden Route. The deals for the Garden Route are also doing very well at the moment,” says Daniel Gausco, CEO of Groupon.
The survey also revealed that many South Africans are passionate about keeping their social life alive this winter as 37% said come rain or shine, they will never miss an opportunity to go out and experience new places and adventures.
“We have an enthusiastic and diverse customer base, so we cater both for those who are seeking adrenalin pumping experiences and those in need of some rest and relaxation. We can do this because we see ourselves as an experience- provider rather than a discount website and believe there is no such thing as a typical customer.
“We encourage South Africans to consider taking a break this winter, whether it is a local getaway or experiencing a new restaurant or spa. Our deals provide customers with access to quality experiences for the best price and will give them an opportunity to break away these holidays and feel recharged,” says Gausco.