Mantis sponsors Charlie Borman
In support of their ambassador – the well-loved actor and travel adventurer Charley Borman – Mantis is sponsoring his accommodation at Lawhill while he is in Cape Town, Oceana Beach and Wildlife Reserve in Port Alfred, and Shamwari Townhouse in Port Elizabeth, as he embarks on his next epic journey.
Mantis endorses this interest in exploring all the country has to offer – culturally, historically and gastronomically.
Starting in Cape Town on June 6 2012, with a cocktail event hosted by Mantis, BMW. Nissan, SAT and Ken Forester, Charley aims get to grips with the diversity of the Rainbow Nation while experiencing a range of exciting activities.
“Ever since I first journeyed to South Africa, I have had a real affection for the country. This is one of the most beautiful places on earth – rich in gastronomy, activities and fantastic people. I am privileged and excited to be able to spend six weeks discovering it,” he says.
Highlights of the trip include:
– Mvezo village, Mandela’s birthplace and Qunu where he grew up and is currently living
– International Mandela Day
– Diving amongst the Sardine Run
– Climbing Table Mountain in Cape Town and paragliding from the top
– Diving with black-tip and tiger sharks
– Walking safari in the Kruger National Park
– Hiking in the Drakensburg Mountains to the second biggest waterfall in the world
– Visiting the new and thriving Nambiti Private Game Reserve, Ladysmith
– Learning about anti-rhino poaching in the Pilansburg National Park
– Experiencing the wonder of the endangered Wild Dogs in Madikwe at Jaci’s lodges
– Paramotoring down the Limpopo river with a Parajet
– And, of course, the final biking convoy
Track Charley’s progress live online as he travels through the country on the Nicky Arthur PR Facebook page. In typical Charley Borman style he will communicate his experiences in his open-and-honest manner – with a touch of classic Borman humour thrown in!
Charley has starred in several successful TV shows such as Long Way Down, Long Way Round, By Any Means, Race to Dakar and Extreme Frontiers Canada.
His adventures will be airing towards the end of 2012 in a 4 x 1hr TV series.
Should you wish to have a meet and greet with this evening from 5pm – 6pm please RSVP to Nicky at Nicky Arthur PR on 071298821 due to tight security, there will be no entry if you are not on the guest list. For more information or images email email@example.com
The press launch was a great success. Check out Extreme Frontiers facebook and the site- extremefrontiers.co.uk for photos and video.
— Extreme Frontiers (@Extremefrontier) June 6, 2012
We’ve arrived & it looks like we’ve brought the British weather with us! Cape Town is still amazing, though.
— Extreme Frontiers (@Extremefrontier) June 7, 2012