Tourvest Travel Services upgrades travel portal
Tourvest Travel Services (TTS), the corporate travel management division of the Tourvest group, has introduced an upgraded travel portal for its corporate clients aimed at making their technology interactions with TTS much smoother and more efficient.
TTS chief information officer Louis van Zyl says the new portal will go a long way towards automating, simplifying and speeding up various processes that involve customer interactions with TTS related to a range of services and requirements. For example, an authorised user of the travel portal can capture his or her travel profile and preferences, such as window or aisle seat and dietary requirements, and these will automatically be updated on the Global Distribution Systems such as Galileo, Amadeus and Sabre, ensuring that when a user is looking for a flight, his or her preferred seat choice is always shown first, he says.
You can also record your passport and visa details to ensure that when these are up for renewal, timely reminders are sent by SMS or email so that there are no nasty last minute surprises when these have expired, van Zyl says. The portal will be positioned as a gateway for our clients to use the various new and exciting applications that we have developed with more to come. Once the portal is accessed, customers can select the specific application from a menu and use it to request documentation and reports or even to initiate a new travel request online, if required.
Other features of the new travel portal include:
- Online travel requisition system allowing any trip to be planned and approved online, and instantly processing a travel request.
- Easy access to documentation related to all recently taken trips such as e-tickets, vouchers, invoices and statements to list a few.
- High level management reports through TTS’s new business intelligence technology, giving TTS clients access to a level of management reporting not seen before in the travel market.
- Online flight check in allowing users to conveniently complete all online check in information and get their ticket issued through the portal.
- General travel information giving users useful information on the most common destinations including the weather, local attractions and restaurant reviews.
- A service excellence centre allowing clients to provide feedback on the level of service provided.
TTS is a leader in the corporate travel management market, providing travel management services to 50 of South Africa’s top 100 companies. It comprises renowned travel brands Seekers Travel and American Express Travel Services as well as regionally focused Indojet and Maties Travel.